Move to Sustainable Development
With the UN, with STS&P, you are supporting leadership on SDG 9 (Industry, innovation, and infrastructure)
Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
[UN, Resolution adopted by the General Assembly on 25 September 2015]
- To solve critical global challenges (Poverty, severe water shortages, air water pollution), world leaders and the UN announced the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 targets.
- Building on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the SDGs propose to eradicate poverty and further move toward sustainable development in three dimensions: economic, social, and environmental.
Request for New Technology for Developing Countries
- The UN focus on developing technologies as tools for implementing the SDGs, and anticipate that they will create new industries and markets and change the demand for labor and capital.
- The uptake and deployment of smart technology for sustainable development will be facilitated greatly by an efficient international market for appropriate technology to support achievement of the SDGs.
- The term ‘Smart Technology’ here refers to creative technology which can be manufactured and utilized with affordable cost in developing countries and areas having weak social infrastructure. It includes traditional appropriate technology, but is not limited to it, comprises all new Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and all new technologies that can positively affect achieving the SDGs.
- With this in mind, STS&P joined in UN-led global efforts last year. Thereafter, STS&P 2018 will be hosted by the STS&P 2018 Organizing Committee and UNOPS. It aims to encourage the development, exchange, sharing, and application of technology for global development as one of the platforms in the private sector aligned with efforts of the UN.
- STS&P 2018 will provide rare opportunities for all to learn from each other, find the right partners and business opportunities-both profit and nonprofit- in our pursuit of common goals through an exhibition which promotes learning about the SDGs and Climate Change, new technologies and profiling actual players in the community and markets. The Organizing Committee has the honor to invite all stakeholders -public and private, for international development, corporates, tech developers, financial and investment groups, civil societies, academia and young entrepreneurs- to assist and participate in this landmark exhibition and conference.
- It will also be a platform for a variety of global organizations such as UN agencies, NGOs, ODA donor and recipient governments to share information and opinions regarding effective sustainable development, with cooperation of UNOPS.
Let’s Look at the Status of the UN Procurement
With STS&P, you will meet responsible people from the procurement sector.
Total Procurement by Sector in 2016
Major Countries of Supply to the UN System in 2016
[UNOPS, 2016 Annual Statistical Report on UN Procurement]
How’s Official Development Assistance going?
Top 10 Nations in ODA 2017
(in billions of US dollars)
[OECD, Official Development Assistance 2017 – Preliminary Data]